Thursday, March 22, 2007

John 12:37-50

"...many Jewish authorities believed in Jesus; but because of the Pharisees they did not talk about it openly, so as not to be expelled from the synagogue." (12:42)

Doesn't this still ring true today? How many of us hide our Christianity from our colleagues and non-church friends for fear of being ostracized?

Two years ago, I stopped singing secular music to sing gospel music full-time. Although no one 'officially' stopped being my friend, many of my former 'fans' suddenly stopped coming to my shows. One such person said, "What's with the Jesus thing"?

"The Man in the Fiery Furnace" is the true story of Freddie Sun. Freddie was sentenced to 10 years in a prison slave labour camp in China for his Christian beliefs. Throughout his time in prison, he continued to give God all the glory, even testifying to his fellow prisoners.

As I read Freddie's story, I was overwhelmed by his undying commitment to Jesus, even in the most frightening of circumstances.

It made me realize how trivial my own fears can be. Who cares if certain people don't like my "Jesus thing"? Who cares if some people choose not to listen to my music?

Our lives should only aim to please one person - Jesus.

What will people think,
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
What will people do when they find that its true?
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak.
There ain't no disguising the truth.

(D.C. Talk)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home